Meditation is considered a type of mind-body complementary medicine. Meditation produces a deep state of relaxation and a tranquil mind. During meditation, you focus your attention and eliminate the stream of jumbled thoughts that may be crowding your mind and causing stress. This process results in enhanced physical and emotional well-being.
Some of the health benefits of meditation are:-
- Reduces anxiety attacks as it lowers the levels of blood lactate.
- Builds self confidence.
- Increases serotonin which influences moods and behavior. Low levels of serotonin are associated with depression, headaches and insomnia.
- Enhances energy, strength and vigor.
- Helps keep blood pressure normal
- Reduces stress and tension
- Creates a state of deep relaxation and general feeling of wellbeing
- Helps with P.M.T.
- Increases concentration and strengthens the mind
- Helps reduce heart disease
- Helps with weight loss